Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento Near15
Paul Wesley
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 23kagwg
Damon
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 24pjt4p
Stats

'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento Empty
PostSubject: 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento   'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:43 pm

'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 6a57e999740180 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento D79aae99740185 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento De682f99740190 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 2bceb099740194 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento Ba4c8e99740202 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 3aa5ba99740204 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento A73b0499740205 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 0a552599740209 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 383cad99740212 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 3a4f1299740216 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento Aef5c099740218 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento Ea826e99740222 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento Bd9a9799740225 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 65a16799740230 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 9a4f1499740236 'Twilight' fans gather in Sacramento 38119399740239

While die-hard "Twilight" fans crowded into a hotel ballroom in downtown Sacramento on Saturday to watch a parody of the popular saga, Savanna Wooten leaned on a staircase outside.

She wasn't missing anything she hadn't already seen. It was the fourth stop on the Official Twilight Convention tour that she has been to this year.

Wooten, 21, of Concord wore a homemade T-shirt that read "Twi-Nerds United" – the name of the weekly "Twilight"-news podcast that she records with friends over Skype. Letters shaved into the short hair on the back of her head read "Wolf Girl," an homage to the werewolf characters in the series.

"It's fun to come here," Wooten said. "It's like the nerdier you are, the cooler you are."

The convention, which continues today at the Sheraton Grand on J Street, offers fans of the popular series the opportunity to meet cast members from the "Twilight" movies, buy memorabilia and share their passion with like-minded "Twi-Hards."

Dozens gathered at the convention Saturday. They played "Twilight" trivia and had a Q&A session with actor Chaske Spencer, who plays werewolf Sam Uley in the movies. Some said the series has had a profound effect on their lives.

Candace Charee of Phoenix said she had put her budding music career on hold for six years before her sister-in-law persuaded her to read the "Twilight" books.

She read them all in five days and experienced a rush of writing and recording, she said. Now she is touring with the convention through next year. Two of her songs will be featured on the soundtrack for "Breaking Dawn," the series' final installment.

"It really changed my life," Charee said.

For others, the convention was simply a chance to meet people who are as passionate about the series as they are.

"There's a camaraderie here," said Valerie Rubendall, 56, of Sacramento, who said she pops a "Twilight" movie into her DVD player every night before she goes to sleep.

Friends Jennifer Jens and Valerie Anders, both 29, and Leah Harris, 31, drove from Yuba City to check out the convention and get their pictures taken with cast members.

When "Eclipse," the third movie in the series, opened this summer, they stood in line for six hours to get into the midnight showing, they said.

So far, that's the furthest they've gone for their fandom. That will change soon. Next month, Anders and her husband will spend their 10th wedding anniversary in Forks, Wash., where much of the series takes place.

Anders said they're planning to stay in the house populated by the vampiric Cullen family in the films, take "Twilight"-themed tours and visit Port Angeles, where Edward Cullen and his human love interest, Bella Swan, have their first date.

"She's lucky," Harris said.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1