Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' Near15
Paul Wesley
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' 23kagwg
Damon
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' 24pjt4p
Stats

'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DamonsGirl
ARO'S ARISTOCRATS
ARO'S ARISTOCRATS
DamonsGirl

'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood'   'Diaries' "under pressure" from 'True Blood' I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:24 pm

The executive producer of The Vampire Diaries has admitted that he feels "under pressure" from True Blood.

Speaking to SFX, Kevin Williamson said that he is not worried about the show being compared to Buffy, but to Twilight and Alan Ball's Blood.

"The pressure doesn't come from Buffy, it comes from being caught between Twilight and True Blood," he said.

"They're the ones that are telling the same stories because there's certain tales that come with being a vampire. And we do try to pay attention to what True Blood is doing.

"For instance, the obvious storyline that's going to come up between a human and a vampire is what's going to happen when I grow old and he doesn't. True Blood's touched upon that, so we're going to try to hold off on that for a while."

He concluded by saying that he is "more concerned" about his characters - Damon, Elena and Stefan - than Twilight's Edward and Bella because the show has "carved out our own little corner".

Vampire Diaries returns Thursday, January 21 on The CW.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1