Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead Near15
Paul Wesley
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead 23kagwg
Damon
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead 24pjt4p
Stats

'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DamonsGirl
ARO'S ARISTOCRATS
ARO'S ARISTOCRATS
DamonsGirl

'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead Empty
PostSubject: 'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead   'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:21 am

'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead

'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning Has Always Had A Fascination With The Undead 04291010

This girls intense, seductive smoky eyes will lure you to May’s issue of Avenue Canada. With strategically tousled hair, a stern pout and a pose that screams “I’m ready for anything,” actress Sara Canning is letting everyone know she has arrived. In a telling interview, she dives into discussing her quick rise to fame, no-failure attitude and obsession with the paranormal.

The undead might scare some people away but not Sara, which is why there couldn’t have been a better show to have catapulted her to fame than The CW’s "The Vampire Diaries." Sara plays Jenna Sommers, the aunt and legal guardian of Jeremy and Elena, who all exist in a world where vampires and humans are entangled in one another’s lives (and sometimes just each other). But if you think her relationship with the undead is a new found hobby, think again. She laughingly recalled to the mag of her childhood, “I would creep into the living room and hide behind the couch to watch ['The X-Files']. I would scare myself. I had a really overactive imagination.”

Before her success on "Vampire Diaries," Sara called Sherwood Park in Canada home. Starring in some middle school stage productions, she was bitten by the infamous acting bug. Later, this same bug caused her to leave the university she was attending to move to Vancouver and pursue acting: one passion Sara knew she needed to cultivate. "Nothing really fueled my fire the way performing did. So I [asked myself], ‘why can’t I do this?'"

While in Vancouver, she landed the role of Nicky Hilton in "Paparazzi Princess: The Paris Hilton Story," a theme she’s now become familiar with herself. Sara’s quickly learned about how vicious paparazzi and tabloids can be with any scandal. During a "Vampire Diaries" photo shoot with her female costars on top of a bridge, motorists made phone calls claiming unruly girls were hanging out on the bridge, flashing people. Although all charges were dismissed, the story hit the tabloids full force. Sara just brushes it off though, “My friends and family all automatically called me, laughing, because they know I’m the last person in the world who would do something like that.”

And what type of person is Sara exactly? She still cares about her hometown, sending autographs to her former high school for their silent auction. And she’s also incredibly driven about going after her dreams. She confided to the magazine, “When I moved away from home … there was no thought in my head of maybe this is going to work out. I was always really adamant about making this happen.”

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1