Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' Near15
Paul Wesley
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' 23kagwg
Damon
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' 24pjt4p
Stats

'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' Empty
PostSubject: 'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day'   'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:25 pm

'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day'

'Vampire Diaries' Star Sara Canning On Jenna And Alaric's Future: 'He's Going To Be A Good Dad One Day' 281x2118-1

If you ask us, it seems there are two types of "Vampire Diaries" fans: those who want to see Elena (Nina Dobrev) end up in the steady arms of Stefan (Paul Wesley) and those who want to see her fall hard for bad boy Damon (Ian Somerhalder). (To be fair, there's probably a very, very small contingent rooting for ex Matt, but we're not going to go there.) No matter where your allegiances lie in the Elena-Stefan-Damon triangle, I think we can all agree on one couple we want to see go the distance: Elena's Aunt Jenna (Sara Canning) and teacher-by-day, vampire-hunter-by-night Alaric Saltzman (Matthew Davis). So when we spoke with Sara in anticipation of season 2's premiere (two more days!), we just had to ask about the pair's future.

Unfortunately, Sara is almost as in the dark about the couple's destiny as we are, even though they have shot scenes together for the upcoming season. "I think the audience and Matt and I have been waiting to see what is going to happen with them because it's been so stop and start," she said. "It's been really kind of a cool development for Jenna because we see her meeting this new guy and recognizing that he could be really good for her. But she's given up old habits and she's not going to chase him down."

Vague, yes, but Sara has heard a few rumors around set and said it probably won't be smooth sailing for her and Matt's characters. "I don't think it's going to remain all sunshine and rainbows," she hinted. "I haven't gotten the exact storyline, and I think things could change, but there's so much conflict anyway. I think the fact that Alaric is dating Jenna, and knowing that her niece is dating a vampire and being in an alliance with these vampires—I think that alone will cause some pretty major conflicts. I think we'll see some happy times and see how things progress from there."

While highs and lows are likely in the forecast for Jenna and Alaric, Sara believes Alaric is a good match for Jenna. "I think Alaric is so different from a lot of the guys she's dated. He definitely has a bad-boy streak...but he actually really cares about people," she said. "He's lost a wife, and Jenna just went through a major loss herself. She's lost a major part of her family, and now she's trying to fill that space for Elena and Jeremy. I think she just realizes that he has that life experience. She can look at him and say, he's going to be a good dad one day. He's that kind of guy."

Check back tomorrow for the second part of our interview with Sara in which we talk about how Aunt Jenna manages to never get wind of all the supernatural stuff going on around her.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1