Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning 2zq8s3c
Eric
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning Near15
Paul Wesley
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning 23kagwg
Damon
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning 24pjt4p
Stats

Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning Empty
PostSubject: Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning   Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:34 am

Exclusive Q&A with The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning 2d0l2iw

At Teen Vogue, we are big proponents of acting your age. But on The CW's The Vampire Diaries, Sara Canning plays Elena's aunt Jenna--even though there's only a one-year age gap between her and Nina Dobrev! We caught up with Sara to chat about premature aging, eternal youth, and why there soon might not be any humans left in Mystic Falls.

Though you're one of the very few figures of parental authority on the show, you're just 22. What's it like playing the adult?

I thought it might be a stretch given that Jenna's quite a few years older than me, but I've found her to be very relatable because she's essentially growing up herself as I have in the past two years since finishing Vancouver Film School's acting program. Plus, when I moved down to Atlanta, Nina Dobrev and I actually became roommates so she really has become like family to me!

The forever-teenage Salvatore brothers are both played by actors older than you right?

I think it was a smart casting. Both brothers look young, but when you think about a vampire who's been around for 145 years, there's going to be a certain worldliness to that character. Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder are able to bring that to their roles.

I hear you too have experience with period acting?

Yes, before shooting the series, I acted in Danishka Esterhazy's film Black Field, which comes out in Canada next month. It's set on the desolate Canadian prairies in the mid-19th century--the same time as the flashbacks in The Vampire Diaries--and it's very Brontë-esque.

So any hints at what we can expect from tonight's season finale?

I can say that the series seems to be becoming darker as we've had more and more night shoots scheduled. The cast and crew has been up working a lot of midnight hours, and sleeping away the days.

So you're all becoming vampires then?

Ha, yeah we're turning into them slowly, but surely!

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1