Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY 2zq8s3c
Eric
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY Near15
Paul Wesley
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY 23kagwg
Damon
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
TWILIGHT AND HISTORY 24pjt4p
Stats

TWILIGHT AND HISTORY

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

TWILIGHT AND HISTORY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWILIGHT AND HISTORY   TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:14 am

TWILIGHT AND HISTORY

TWILIGHT AND HISTORY 15ysmbm

DESCRIPTION

The first look at the history behind Stephenie Meyer's bestselling Twilight series, timed to release with the third movie, Eclipse

The characters of the Twilight Saga carry a rich history that shapes their identities and actions over the course of the series. Edward, for instance, may look like a seventeen-year-old teen heartthrob, but was actually born in 1901 and died during the Spanish Influenza of 1918. His adopted sister, Alice, was imprisoned in an insane asylum in 1920 and treated so badly there that even becoming a vampire was a welcome escape. This book is the first to explore the history behind the Twilight Saga's characters and their stories. You’ll learn about what life might have been like for Jasper Whitlock Hale, the Confederate vampire who fought during the Civil War, Carlisle Cullen, the Puritan witch hunter-turned-vampire who participated in the witchcraft persecutions in Early Modern England, and the history of the Quileute culture that shaped Jacob and his people —and much more.

* Gives you the historical backdrop for Twilight Saga characters and events
* Adds a whole new dimension to the Twilight novels and movies
* Offers fresh insights on vampires, romance, and history

Twilight and History is an essential companion for every Twilight fan, whether you've just gotten into the series or have followed it since the beginning.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Acknowledgments: For Those Who Turned Us.

Twilight's Timeline.

Introduction: Frozen in Time (Nancy R. Reagin).

PART ONE: Your Basic Human-Vampire-Werewolf/Shape-shifter Triangle: Bella, Edward, and Jacob.

1 “An Old-Fashioned Gentleman”? Edward’s Imaginary History (Kate Cochran).

2 Biting Bella: Treaty Negotiation, Quileute History, and Why “Team Jacob” Is Doomed to Lose (Judith Leggatt and Kristin Burnett).

3 CinderBella: Twilight, Fairy Tales, and the Twenty-First-Century American Dream (Sara Buttsworth).

4 Courting Edward Cullen: Courtship Rituals and Marital Expectations in Edward’s Youth (Catherine Coker).

PART TWO: Some Family History: The Cullen Coven.

5 Jasper Hale, the Oldest Living Confederate Veteran (Elizabeth Baird Hardy).

6 Smoky Mountain Twilight: The Appalachian Roots of Emmett McCarty Cullen and His Family (Elizabeth Baird Hardy).

7 Better Turned Than “Cured”? Alice and the Asylum (Grace Loiacono and Laura Loiacono).

8 Carlisle Cullen and the Witch Hunts of Puritan London (Janice Liedl).

9 A Subtle and Dangerous Gift: Jasper Hale and the Specter of the American Civil War (Andrea Robertson Cremer).

10 Like Other American Families, Only Not: The Cullens and the “Ideal” Family in American History (Kyra Glass von der Osten).

PART THREE: A World of Vampires: The Volturi and Beyond.

11 The Sort of People Who Hired Michelangelo as Their Decorator: The Volturi as Renaissance Rulers (Birgit Wiedl).

12 “Where Do the Cullens Fit In?”: Vampires in European Folklore, Science, and Fiction (Eveline Brugger).

13 Getting Younger Every Decade: Being a Teen Vampire during the Twentieth Century (Kat Burkhart).

The Forks High School Faculty.

Index: Alice Foresaw All of This.

AUTHOR INFORMATION

Nancy R. Reagin is a professor of history and women's and gender studies at Pace University, who has published several books in modern European history. Her current research focuses on the history of literary fan communities. She's also an active fan who has worked on fan archives and Web sites, and has helped build fan organizations. She rooted for Team Jacob long after most reasonable people would have given up hope.

YOU CAN ORDER THE BOOK HERE OR HERE
Back to top Go down
Edwards Juliet
ADMIN
ADMIN
Edwards Juliet

PostSubject: Re: TWILIGHT AND HISTORY   TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:20 am

This sounds great, cant wait to get it wave
Back to top Go down
Cryst@l
VEGE VAMPS
VEGE VAMPS
Cryst@l

PostSubject: Re: TWILIGHT AND HISTORY   TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:58 am

Edwards Juliet wrote:

Me too.
Back to top Go down
DamonsGirl
ARO'S ARISTOCRATS
ARO'S ARISTOCRATS
DamonsGirl

PostSubject: Re: TWILIGHT AND HISTORY   TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:42 am

Cryst@l wrote:
Edwards Juliet wrote:

Me too.

Me three
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TWILIGHT AND HISTORY   TWILIGHT AND HISTORY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TWILIGHT AND HISTORY
Page 1 of 1