Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' 2zq8s3c
Eric
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' Near15
Paul Wesley
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' 23kagwg
Damon
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' 24pjt4p
Stats

Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' Empty
PostSubject: Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries'   Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 9:40 am

Ashlee Simpson Almost Portrayed Elena on 'Vampire Diaries' Wenn2862551

Twenty two episodes after, it has just been revealed that Nina Dobrev wasn't The CW's first choice to lead "The Vampire Diaries". The network initially wanted Ashlee Simpson to take the role of Elena/Katherine but the producers thought they should look further.

"We all independently looked at a bunch of [audition] DVDs," co-executive producer and director Marcos Siega said at a recent Screen Actors Guild event for TVD. "We couldn't find the girl we wanted. The network wanted us to hire Ashlee Simpson. ...But Nina sent this DVD back and we all were home looking, searching, and we came in the next day saying, 'We should look at Nina again.' We showed it to Peter Roth, and Peter only saw her on that tape and he said, 'That's her'."

Ashlee eventually took a role on "Melrose Place" which is now axed due to low rating. Nina meanwhile shared her side of story to E! Online, saying "Half of Hollywood I think went out for the role, for all our roles. I guess I did something right, here I am. We had to discover and find our characters. Every episode we learned something more and something more, and eventually we created and molded these amazing, awesome characters."

In fact, Paul Wesley was not always Stefan. Many times he would audition for the role of Damon before Ian Somerhalder snatched it. However, Ian previously said that he didn't get the role straight away because the producers did not think he portrayed Damon the right way the first time.

"The Vampire Diaries" went through a successful season 1 and has been renewed for another season this Fall. "Typically the second season of every show is generally its best year so I think we need to make it an unbelievable year of television," Ian said. Nina confirmed that the season will start right where they left it off.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1