Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' 2zq8s3c
Eric
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' Near15
Paul Wesley
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' 23kagwg
Damon
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' 24pjt4p
Stats

True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DamonsGirl
ARO'S ARISTOCRATS
ARO'S ARISTOCRATS
DamonsGirl

True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me'   True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:32 pm

True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard: 'Fame scared me' 10225_10

The True Blood vampire reveals all about the show as well as fame, nudity and Lady Gaga.

What’s the best thing about playing Eric, the 1000-year-old Viking vampire in True Blood?
"As an actor, the last thing I want to play is a typical handsome leading man. It’s always great when you play a complicated character like Eric."

So there’s more to him than just biting necks?
"In the first series, people thought he was just a bad guy, but there’s a lot more to him than meets the eye. We’re now seeing his loyal, caring and sensitive side. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still the same old Eric – there’s just more to him than being an evil vampire."

Why do you think True Blood is so successful?
"It’s over-the-top, wild, sexy and funny. Viewers can also look at the vampires and draw parallels with our society in terms of alienation and prejudice."

Do you have a problem with the show’s sex and violence?
"It’s pretty full-on and very graphic and gory, but sex and violence are always something that attracts an audience. I don’t have any problems with getting naked."

Your father Stellan is one of Sweden’s most famous actors. Did he encourage you to take up acting?
"My parents never dragged me to auditions, things just happened. I had lots of TV roles when I was a kid, but the fame was scary and I hated people staring at me on the street. When I was 13 I decided I didn’t want to do it anymore."

What made you take it up again?
"When I was 20, I moved to Leeds for six months. I was watching football, hanging out, getting drunk and into trouble. I was wondering what I should do with my life and decided to give acting one last go."

Are you more at ease with fame these days?
"Actually, I am flattered by the attention. People come up and want autographs and take pictures, but I have no crazy stalkers after me."

What was it like being in Lady Gaga’s video for Paparazzi?
"I didn’t know Lady Gaga at all before. She was really cool and interesting. She’s very driven and we had a blast."

Are you a music fan?
"I’d much rather be a rock star than an actor. My favourites are Van Morrison and The Clash. Because I’m Swedish, people think I must like ABBA, but they were always much bigger in the rest of the world than they ever were in Sweden."

Watch True Blood on Fridays at 10pm on FX
Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1