Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed 2zq8s3c
Eric
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed Near15
Paul Wesley
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed 23kagwg
Damon
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed 24pjt4p
Stats

Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed Empty
PostSubject: Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed   Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:16 pm

Twilight: Hidden meanings revealed 2aj7w55

Warning: top secret! We reveal the mysteries that lurk beneath the surface of the Twilight saga

Edward Cullen
While trying to choose a name for 
the dashing ‘veggie' vampire, author Stephenie Meyer was looking for something traditional and romantic.

Edward was a perfect choice as it belongs to two great literary romantic heroes, Mr Rochester in Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre and Mr Ferrars in Jane Austen's Sense And Sensibility.

Isabella Swan
After Stephenie had finished writing about Bella's journey, she felt she loved her much like a daughter.

So when the time came to name her lead character, what could have been more fitting than the name she'd saved for 
a daughter of her own, Isabella?

The Volturi
‘Volturi' is the Latin word for vulture, a predatory bird that feeds on decaying flesh. The name is a perfect match for the sinister and high-powered Volturi Coven who, unlike the Cullens, feed on human blood, 
as well as overseeing the vampire world from their base in Volterra, Italy.

The Cullen Coven
Made up of Carlisle and Esme Cullen and their five adopted children, the Cullen Coven bear a spooky resemblance to Stephenie's own family.

Brought up in Arizona with five siblings, Stephenie has admitted that she was taunted and called ‘ghost' by schoolmates because of her pale skin.

Perhaps the tight-knit, pale and yet strikingly beautiful Cullen family were Stephenie's way of answering back to those kids, and Bella, the 
pale girl from Arizona, 
a reflection of herself.

Why werewolves imprint
When a werewolf imprints on their soulmate, the two are eternally connected through love and a desire to protect each other.

Stephenie has explained that her inspiration for this concept came from the behaviour of ducklings. A new-born duckling very quickly develops a powerful instinctive bond towards the first moving object it sees, which in most cases is their mother.

Edward's sparkle
Stephenie was inspired to write 
Twilight after dreaming of a man who was ‘fantastically beautiful, sparkly, and a vampire'.

This was an unusual idea as in previous tales, vampires were destroyed by sunlight, not illuminated by it! Stephenie decided that sparkling skin could be used as a means for the vampires to lure in human prey.

As well as this she has explained that sparkling vampire skin cells are ‘hard and reflective like crystal' and therefore unbreakable and protective.

Read more about the hidden meanings of Twilight, plus interviews with Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, in Teen Now Special Twilight Issue - on sale now!

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1