Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' Near15
Paul Wesley
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' 23kagwg
Damon
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' 24pjt4p
Stats

'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' Empty
PostSubject: 'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight'   'Diaries' stars 'thankful for Twilight' I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:08 am

Paul Wesley has claimed that it would be "ignorant" to say that The Vampire Diaries was not helped by the buzz surrounding The Twilight Saga.

Both Wesley (Stefan Salvatore) and Nina Dobrev (Elena Gilbert) agreed that Stephenie Meyer's tales' success had paved the way for more vampire stories, even though The Vampire Diaries began as a novel series in 1991.

"I didn't see Twilight prior to shooting Vampire Diaries, but it would be ignorant and stupid to say that our show didn't generate a buzz because of the success of Twilight, but I think we have distinguished ourselves at this stage," Wesley told RTE.

Dobrev added: "But you know, the fact that Twilight was so successful, it made the world aware that people wanted to see more about vampires.

"So thankfully for us, Twilight has given us the opportunity to make a TV show and I think we have a few more years at least."

Wesley added that there were similarities between the two stories and admitted: "Some people say I actually look like Robert Pattinson.

"Well look, it's incredibly similar, we both have a high school setting, a mysterious guy that turns up and falls in love with a mortal girl. He's got all these conflicts because of the nature of his situation and the fact that she is a vampire. So I understand that the premises of both stories are almost identical."

He was unable to say who would win in a fight between Stefan and Pattinson's Edward Cullen because he "didn't know enough" about the Twilight vampire.

"That's really up to the viewer or reader to decide," he said.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1