Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 2zq8s3c
Eric
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 Near15
Paul Wesley
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 23kagwg
Damon
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 24pjt4p
Stats

Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2   Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:02 am

Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2

Ian Somerhalder (a.k.a. the sexy beast champion) talks 'Vampire Diaries' season 2 Ian-somerhalder-vampire-diaries_300

The Vampire Diaries has been good to Ian Somerhalder: It earned him a spot on Entertainment Weekly’s 2009 list of TV’s Best Bitches and the title of Sexiest Beast in this summer’s popular EW.com bracket game, which saw readers rack up more than 1.5 million votes while whittling the 64-deep field down to his devilishly delicious Damon Salvatore and Twilight‘s saintly sensitive Edward Cullen. Shortly after his victory last month, we caught up with a humbled and grateful Somerhalder, who was already feeling the pressure that comes with the crown…

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Congratulations on Damon being named the ultimate Sexy Beast.
IAN SOMERHALDER: [Laughs] That is so cool.

What would you like to say to the people who voted for you?
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It makes you realize the dedication of the fans, how much fun they’re having and how much fun they make us have. It’s the fans who are making the success of the show happen. We can’t thank them enough. We’re just doing the acting leg of it. Season 2 is starting [Sept. 9, 8 p.m. ET, The CW], and we’re gonna try not to suck. Wow, that’s a terrible pun. Let me reword that. You finish the first season of the show, and everyone worked their asses off, and the season went really well, and people liked the show. But then season 2 comes up, and you realize, whoa, we have more of a responsibility now. The heat is really on now. We cannot do a bad job. So, we are committed to making this a better year of television than last year. So that’s what I want to tell everyone: “Thank you, and literally, we’ll try not to suck.” [Laughs]

We know from promos that Katherine [Nina Dobrev as the vampire lover who essentially turned the brothers in 1864] says she’s returned for Stefan and never loved Damon. What can you tease about season 2?
Poor Damon. Katherine comes back, and it’s the chicken or the egg thing. In the story, Katherine obviously came before Damon, and Damon learned a lot of his antics from Katherine and then 150 years of cynicism. When I watch Nina be Katherine, it’s crazy, the similarity that you see between Katherine and Damon. She starts wreaking havoc in a very similar way that for most of season 1 Damon wreaked havoc — because he wanted something. You’re gonna see Damon in a way in which you haven’t necessarily seen him before dealing with Katherine and what happens after so many years of longing and wanting to be with someone, being hurt and let down in that extreme manner. It’s a lot of fun watching Katherine and how powerful and manipulative and sexy and crazy she is. It’s a lot of fun to play. It’s brutal for me. [In classic Damon delivery] Damon doesn’t always get what he wants now, which is boring for Ian, but great for the story.