Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. Near15
Paul Wesley
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. 23kagwg
Damon
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. 24pjt4p
Stats

'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. Empty
PostSubject: 'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C.   'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:41 am

CW heartthrob opens up about giving a speech on alternative energy at 'really cool' conference in nation's capital.

'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Green Summit In D.C. 281x211-6

Although Ian Somerhalder is in the thick of a busy filming schedule for season two of his obsessed-over CW show "The Vampire Diaries," he's taking a day off — and for a good cause. Somerhalder is heading to Washington, D.C. where he's attending the Washington Energy Summit on Thursday.

Somerhalder will meet with members of both houses of Congress to discuss the importance of green/alternative energy and technology. The actor has been vocal about the effects of the BP oil spill and recently partnered up with the portable energy company Go Green Mobile Power. When we caught up with him on the eve of his big trip, Somerhalder was brimming with excitement over getting to be a part of the conversation at a national level.

"It's really, really cool," he told MTV News about his participation in the summit. "I think there's a lot of anger and frustration and fear and determination in this exact moment in our country in the wake of this huge oil spill. But the government, they know enough to figure it out and they're taking steps to do that, so I'm really honored to be invited to go and speak with these people. I'll try not to screw up," he joked. "I can't wait to put my thinking cap on and get to Washington and have really structured and really inspiring conversations with people and hopefully something comes out of it."

As for his partnership with Go Green Mobile Power, Somerhalder said the company has generated much attention and he hopes to have one of their green-energy generators on the "Vampire Diaries" set soon.

"Warner Bros. [loves them] and the network are figuring out right now how to get that thing on set," he explained. "There has been a lot of interest from the city of Los Angeles, Mayor Villaraigosa; there's a lot going on. It's really exciting stuff, we're going to go full bore and get these things out there producing green power."

Somerhalder is a man with a plan. For information on how you can get involved, visit WashingtonEnergySummit.com. But don't think we cornered the star and didn't get any "Diaries" dish. Stay with MTVNews.com for more on what's next for Damon.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1