Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support Near15
Paul Wesley
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support 23kagwg
Damon
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support 24pjt4p
Stats

'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support Empty
PostSubject: 'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support   'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:33 am

'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Is 'Humbled' By Fan Support Ian20

Alrighty Ian Somerhalder fans, although we've already shared teasers for upcoming episodes, Ian's thoughts on going musical and Katherine's reign of terror, we've saved a few of the juiciest bits of our interview with your favorite "The Vampire Diaries" star for today. This one is all about you: the fans.

During our conversation, we mentioned to Ian that typing his name into YouTube results in over 5,000 videos—most of them fan-made—and we wondered what he thought about his popularity.

"These fans, I owe them so much," Ian said. "Not to sound cliché, we wouldn’t have this show [without them]. They are so unbelievably supportive of me and my work and my passions. It's a very strange relationship; it's like having this crazy support team, it's almost how a family supports each other, it's really bizarre and it's really really cool," he explained.

"I don’t take it for granted, I appreciate it in every way shape and form. They're great, and they're pretty damn inspiring," he said. "They get together on their own and they make all sorts of things happen. This one group of teenagers in high school raised this really significant amount of money for the National Wildlife Federation just on a whim, because they thought that was the right thing to do. People kept asking where to send money, the NRDC which is the Natural Resources Defense Council, those people are amazing; there’s Conservation International, and then there's the Wildlife Federation that is actually helping all these animals survive and these kids raised like a lot of money and they sent it to the National Wildlife Foundation… I didn’t even ask them… These are kids in high school who could have otherwise been buying some Justin Bieber albums, and they put their allowance and whatever money they make babysitting and they pooled it all together and…you know how many animals they’ll help. It's humbling, put it that way."

So there you have it, a giant "I heart you" from your Mr. Somerhalder.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1