Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures 2zq8s3c
Eric
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures Near15
Paul Wesley
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures 23kagwg
Damon
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures 24pjt4p
Stats

Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edwards Juliet
ADMIN
ADMIN
Edwards Juliet

Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures   Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:28 am

Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures Savingtherez

LAPUSH -- Ask before you snap.

The Quileute Tribal Council announced this week a new policy requiring that anyone who is not taking pictures solely for personal use must request permission from the council.

Even those snapping pictures or sketching artwork for personal use -- such as the Twilight fans who visit Forks and the Quileute reservation in nearby LaPush -- should ask the creator of the art for permission, the policy says.

According to the new policy, audio- and videotaping for personal use is not allowed at all by the council.

Commercial photography, sketching or drawing -- as well as video- and audiotaping -- are prohibited except by written permission of the council, the policy says.

Dancing and singing performances are not allowed to be photographed or taped.

"The modern Quileute tribe is charged with preserving and protecting the culture, traditions and natural resources handed down from our ancestors and which we will in turn hand down to our children," the policy said.

"As stewards of our culture, traditions and natural resources, we make this policy to ensure that the cultural rights of all Quileute people -- past, present and future -- are protected.

"The reason for this policy is to prevent misappropriation and misrepresentation of Quileute tribal culture," the policy says.

"The Quileute tribe, its people and its traditions can and have been misrepresented when images and sounds are taken and used without permission and understanding."

MSN.com offered a public apology to the Quileute tribe in January after shooting an unapproved video on the reservation.

The video included scenes of the cemetery and graves.

The video was posted Nov. 12 and was removed the same day.

The film crew shot images of the Tribal Council building, totem poles, First Beach, the Senior Center and the Quileute Cemetery.

The film was set to dark music and was filmed in an amateur documentary style.

For questions about commercial filming, photography or audio recording, phone Jackie Jacobs at 206-388-9200 or e-mail jj@ talentgroup.com.

Source
Back to top Go down

Quileute Nation sets Policies on Taping and Pictures
Page 1 of 1