Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   2zq8s3c
Eric
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   Near15
Paul Wesley
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   158795f
Jackson Rathbone
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   23kagwg
Damon
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   24pjt4p
Stats

GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edwards Juliet
ADMIN
ADMIN
Edwards Juliet

GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   Empty
PostSubject: GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!    GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:38 am

GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!   19_gil_birmingham

Gil Birmingham will be honored at the annual Quileute Days Festival in La Push. You can see the entire schedule of events here. The event is open to the public and admission is free.

According to the press release:

“In honor of actor Gil Birmingham’s portrayal of tribal chairman Billy Black and his telling of the legends of the Quileute tribe in the block-buster film Twilight Saga Eclipse, the Quileute Nation has invited him to participate in Quileute Days, Saturday, July 16 at the Akalat Center Grounds. Quileute Days will run Friday through Sunday and will include traditional tribal games, softball games, a parade, vendors and more. The annual event is free to the public.

“We are delighted to welcome Gil to La Push and Quileute Days,” tribal spokeswoman Jackie Jacobs said. “It is an honor to have him join us in this very special celebration of Quileute culture and traditions. How wonderful to have Gil Birmingham, who portrays Council Chairman Billy Black in ‘Twilight Saga: Eclipse’ meet the true Chairwoman Anna Rose Councell-Geyer and the other members of the Quileute Tribal Council.”

On Saturday, Birmingham will join in the festival parade at noon, hold a 3 p.m. autograph session — a $20 contribution is required — and will make a 4 p.m. guest appearance at the Talent Showcase.

“I am truly honored to be invited to the Quileute Nation this weekend as they celebrate their culture and traditions,” said Gil Birmingham (Comanche) from his home in Los Angeles, CA. “In the three Twilight Saga films, I attempted to portray Billy Black and Quileute tribal members with honor and respect. The entire premise of the Twilight books and movies is based on Quileute tribal legends which are deeply rooted in the ancient cultural traditions. It was important to me that the legends, as well as an honest portrayal of modern day Native Americans, come through in the film Eclipse.”

The theme of Quileute Days this year is “History through Our Traditions,” focusing on education about the authentic Quileute history, legends and culture. Stick games — a traditional betting game — will begin at 6 p.m. Friday and at 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Also, there will be a Jacob Black and Bella Swan look-alike contest.”

Source
Back to top Go down

GIL BEING HONORED AT QUILEUTE DAYS!!
Page 1 of 1