Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says 2zq8s3c
Eric
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says Near15
Paul Wesley
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says 23kagwg
Damon
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says 24pjt4p
Stats

Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says Empty
PostSubject: Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says   Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:56 am

Rosalie's 'Breaking Dawn' Motives Are 'Personal' Not 'Pro-Life,' Nikki Reed Says
'It's about her want, her need to be a mother,' she tells MTV News of her character's fight to save the baby over Bella.

As "Twilight" fans well know, there are several slightly controversial and uncomfortable scenes in "Breaking Dawn," the final book of Stephenie Meyer's best-selling series. Going into the last two films, the big questions on fans' minds seem to revolve around the infamous birthing and imprinting scenes.

One key participant in the birthing scene is Rosalie Cullen, who becomes so obsessed with Bella having Edward's baby that she will stop at nothing to see her born — even if it means compromising Bella's life.

When Rosalie herself, Nikki Reed, stopped by to talk with MTV News about her upcoming indie film "Last Day of Summer," we asked what she thinks about her character's firm beliefs on that subject matter and how she'll tackle those difficult scenes in the films.

"Here's how I look at it: I try not to be super opinionated and vocal, because in Hollywood, that seems to only lead you in the wrong direction," Reed said. "I try to relate this particular case to Rosalie and not make it metaphorical or symbolic of anything else."

Reed said Rosalie's strong feelings toward the baby are tied to her prior life as a human and never having had the chance to be a mother herself.

"I think that Rosalie just always wanted to be a mom, and that's how I look at it," she said. "It has nothing to do with being pro-life or anything. I think it's about her want, her need to be a mother, and this is the only opportunity she's ever going to have, so she's willing to let Bella die so she can have that and fulfill that, and that's how I look at it. It's her own personal desires."

"Dawn" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg also weighed in on the infamous scene recently, telling us she plans to write it so everyone feels the pain of the experience. "I want to see the terror of the experience," Rosenberg said. "I want to have the experience of the fear and feel her pain. I want to feel everyone's pain in this."

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1