Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory Near15
Paul Wesley
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory 23kagwg
Damon
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory 24pjt4p
Stats

'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory Empty
PostSubject: 'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory   'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:48 am

'With 'Breaking Dawn,' we're only going to go deeper into that,' actress says of Rosalie's history in next 'Twilight' installment.

As avid book readers well know, once a movie studio decides to adapt a favorite novel into a feature film, certain changes occur. With regard to Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight Saga," the filmmakers and screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg have done their best to stay as true to the source material as possible. But one expository aspect that is lost from book to screen is the various backstories of the supporting characters.

When MTV News recently caught up with actress Nikki Reed, who was out promoting her upcoming indie "Last Day of Summer," she talked about the challenge of portraying Rosalie's relatability for non-book readers, as well as making the most of her screen time.

"I find that people who've read the books kind of understand Rosalie, and that's been the biggest challenge with playing her — when you make this series, clearly it has to revolve around this epic love story," Reed said of the big three: Edward (Robert Pattinson), Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Jacob (Taylor Lautner). "The rest of us are kind of fighting in the background to have any kind of moment. You're always afraid that the moment you do have, you'll overdo because you wanted to have something behind it," she explained. "Even if it's just a look or a sentence or a glance."

Reed said she was happy to explore some of Rosalie's backstory in "Eclipse," and that she hopes she'll get to dive into a bit more of her vamp's history in "Breaking Dawn."

"With 'Breaking Dawn,' we're only going to go deeper into that. I haven't read the script — I don't know what it's going to be like — but I think Melissa's done a great job in keeping them pretty close to the books. I can't think of anything we've missed in the films. I have faith that Bella and I are going to get really close."

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1