Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention 2zq8s3c
Eric
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention Near15
Paul Wesley
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention 23kagwg
Damon
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention 24pjt4p
Stats

Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edwards Juliet
ADMIN
ADMIN
Edwards Juliet

Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention   Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:36 am

This paddle necklace is one of the items Quileute Tribal School children are making for the tribe's e-commerce site inspired by the Twilight books and movies.

Quileute Nation Online store gaining media attention Th_quileutenecklace

LAPUSH -- The Quileute tribe has launched a Web site to sell Twilight-themed merchandise handcrafted by tribal artisans.

Cedar wolf rattles and paddles, woven cedar baskets and hats, canned smoked salmon and other goods are available at www.twilight-quileute.com.

"Traveling across our great country and observing other native tribes commercially marketing their wares in a successful and respectful manner motivated us to explore the concept of promoting culturally appropriate authentic Quileute items online," said Chairwoman Anna Rose Counsell-Geyer.

"Though we began this exploration prior to the Twilight phenomenon, I am delighted for the artisans in the village who have a global audience interested in owning a part of authentic Quileute culture, and thrilled we can share our art with fans and collectors who are unable to visit LaPush personally."

Students at the Quileute Tribal School made hand-cut cedar paddle necklaces which are modeled after the ones worn by the character Emily in the movie, "The Twilight Saga: New Moon," which was based on the second book in the Twilight series, New Moon.

Author Stephenie Meyer set her four-novel vampire series in Forks, Port Angeles and LaPush.

All of the proceeds from the sale of the necklaces, which retail for $20 each, benefit the nonprofit tribal school.

The site also will feature information on all of the connections the tribe has to Twilight.

The ReelzChannel filmed a segment on the reservation in September 2009 as part of its "Twilight Weekly: Spotlight" which contains interviews with elders and other information about the tribe and LaPush.

Other tribal pictures -- such as those taken in November 2009 at the "New Moon" premiere -- will also be available on the Web site.

"I think the fans will enjoy seeing the members of the Quileute Tribal Council and youth from the village pictured with the stars of the movies," said tribal spokeswoman Jackie Jacobs.

"Moreover, I think they will find it interesting that the previous Chairwoman Carol Hatch ran into Stephenie Meyer on the red carpet and the current Chairwoman Counsell-Geyer met Stephenie inside the Fox theatre right before the movie started.

"That's the kind of information we plan to reveal on the video blog page of the site."

The site will also be used for the tribe to communicate is perspective on Twilight and other areas of interest.

"I think it is great that the Quileute now have this venue to communicate with the world their perspective on things and I know people will be very surprised by some of the information to be shared in the future," Jacobs said.

Source

I thought thiss was interesting, I hope this is the right place for it.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1